Thursday, February 03, 2005

So many weeks, so little time...

Not much to say today except this:

All we are given for free when we are born is time. We each have our allotment and we don't know what it is! It could be days, it could be years. When will your time come to an end? Will you be crossing a road? Sitting at home? Going to the store?

None of us know. Even if you live to a ripe old age, you are still talking about a limited amount of hours.

What are you doing with your life? Is it important? Are you happy with it?

We've all heard the old phrases: "Live each day like it was your last", "Carpe Diem", etc, etc.

But I do mean it.

Who are you? Are you doing what you should? Could you be doing something more? These are the questions I am asking myself every day. (apologies to my close friends!)

I hope when my time is up, I can rest easy in the knowledge that I lived as well as I could in the time that I had.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"carpe diem"..I used to beleive this phrases...

Aaron Paquette said...

Yes, it is a phrase that has been overused. But I remember the power it had on me when I first heard it. One thing I have often watched for in myself is the slow, subtle creep of disillusionment. Becoming jaded can happen so easily and so unexpectedly. There have been days when I have found myself in a state of bitterness and hopelessness, wondering how it came to be that I should find myself there!

It is difficult to keep a heart open to the hurts of the world, but if we close off, we lose the wonder and vitality that is also a part of living.