Friday, April 22, 2005




Seed and Flower
24" x 36"
Acrylic, Oil,
and Gold Leaf
2005

Seed and Flower

We live in a world that seems to be glutted with opinion and certitude and an incredible amount of constant distraction. It can become overwhelming. When this happens, I like to imagine myself in a quiet forest - subtle hints of pine and floral perfumes floating on the soft, humid air. The moon hangs full in the sky and I imagine the beautiful earth personified. In my waking dream, I see the all-encompassing mother of life: serene, gentle, patient, fulfilled in the simple and wonderful continuance of this creation. Her belly is round and full, like the moon above, and she is clothed in the air, in water, in leaf. The stars are her crown and every living thing bows in reverence and respect.

No comments: