Monday, January 30, 2006



Belly Cast
Mixed Media on Plaster Cast
2006

This is a plaster cast of a pregnant belly. I was honored when asked to paint it, and spent a great deal of my time in the past few months working on it. The painting is filled with symbolism and love, and every gentle feeling I could project. I hope it brings happiness to its new home and lets the child (who was once in the belly from which this cast was made) know that they are very special and very loved.







Here is the interior of the cast, painted with totemic animals dancing together in a dream.


10 comments:

andrea said...

This is fantastic, Aaron! What an incredible gift. I love that you painted the inside, too.

Gretel said...

It is truly beautiful and unique, painting the inside just kind of closes the circle somehow, a lovely touch.

Anonymous said...

I really like it.

I especially like the cd case in
the couch cushion.
Not much has changed since I've
moved I guess. :P

Aaron Paquette said...

Thanks, everyone. It was so great to have the experience.

And yes, Taylor, things are still in a state of organized chaos at your uncle's house...

lorna said...

This is so incredibly beautiful. I love everything about it, but especially the inside which makes me wonder whether that is what the baby is thinking and dreaming as it has such a comforting and cacoon-like quality to it. What a wonderful way to use your amazing talents on something so special.

Unknown said...

Very creative! I impress this so much. There's just one thing to say...Awesome...

Anonymous said...

such a warm, loving feel to it - it's so..."you", Aaron
Me

Linda said...

Wow -- the belly cast is amazing.

Aaron Paquette said...

Thanks again. It was very well recieved and I hope it brings warmth to the family for generations to come.

Anonymous said...

Hi Aaron and all,

I first want to say thanks to Aaron for making my belly even more precious to me and for giving us all the special gifts of his love and creation. I just gasped when I first saw it and still when I look at it, I marvel at the ongoing hope, beauty, and strength implicit in birth and in the beautiful belly Aaron perceived.

We are of many blessings.

Thanks Aaron.

Kathy