Saturday, May 13, 2006



After Rousseau
40" x 20"
Acrylic, Oil,
Gold Leaf on Canvas


I painted this for a friend of mine. He really wanted me to recreate a Rousseau in my own style, and instead of a jungle landscape, to create a more Albertan type of lushness. Besides some compositional differences, I also painted the male form as the figure instead of Rousseau's more familiar female. It was a wonderful experience, and really helped me to stretch and push myself in some subtly different directions.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaron, this painting is absolutely beautiful. We are using it for our background now (until Jay gets too embarassed).

Aaron Paquette said...

I'm glad you like it! A lot of the little details get lost, but that's the limit of computers compared to the real thing, isn't it?

Gretel said...

What lovely rich colours! And such strong painting.