Monday, June 28, 2004

Two political issues today...

Election Day in Canada

I hope everyone got out to vote. I feel very strongly about the privilege we have to say who we want for a government, or what identity we want to have as a nation. If you don't vote, you have no right to complain about roads, Health Care, taxes, etc.

And I want to reserve that right!

Speaking of elections, I saw a movie that may just have an effect on the upcoming fall election on our gargantuan neighbour to the south. Of course, I'm talking about:

Fahrenheit 9/11

No matter your political stripe, this film works. It has some of the funniest and most dramatic moments in a film that I've seen in a long while. It was often difficult to watch. And heartbreaking.

I don't pretend to be able to offer a review, but the matinee I was in was almost packed and it recieved a great deal of applause as the credits rolled.

My point? I recommend it.


IN ART NEWS

I'm very happy to announce that the Willock and Sax Gallery is now carrying my work. Click on their name to browse their gallery online. And if you've never been to the Waterton/Glacier International Peace Park, I can tell you it is one of the most beautiful places on earth.

No comments: