Monday, January 09, 2006


Misty Bridge: Edmonton
2006

Just a quick snapshot from my daily outings. This is a view from the south side of the Saskatchewan River. The High Level Bridge is on the left and the Alberta Legislative Building is on the right. The white strip at the bottom is the frozen river itself

It's been a warm winter this year and we've had more than a few days of ice fog. As you can see in the distance, it clothes the old trees in a delicate layer of frost and gives the air a humidity to which we are unaccustomed. I walk across the bridge about every day, and through the Legislature Grounds that are only a few blocks from my home. As I walk, I think about all the things for which I am grateful. It's a wonderful way to begin the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this picture, Aaron. Today I went to the top of Grouse Mountain with one of my clients and believe it or not, I almost started crying when I saw all the snow. I was missing home a bit. Almost.

Tav