Sunday, February 11, 2007

Burning Up

1 inch x 1 inch and a bit
Mixed Media on
Watercolour Paper
2007

I had a lot of fun painting this one. You're seeing it about 4 or 5 times its original size. For some of it, I was reduced to using a single hair on the brush. As you can imagine, my face was right up to the painting the entire time. When I stopped working on it, there was a space of about 30 seconds when I couldn't focus on anything past a couple feet.

Part of my Red Raven series, this piece carries a similar theme to the other works, which -luckily!- you can find in the archives from about September 2006 on.

Also, just another reminder that my solo show at the Bearclaw Gallery comes up on the 3rd of March. If you're in the area, I invite you to stop by and say hello!

2 comments:

Robin Morrison said...

I just love the crows. They're, like, "you"? I think that for your print market, you should consider doing more miniatures that are printed 25 x larger.

(Fake 'em all out.)

Seriously. The red crow, for example, is massively atmospheric. You can also blow one up and paint over it and make prints of that.

Cheaters rule.

Aaron Paquette said...

hmmm...I think I need an agent...

;)