Monday, March 14, 2011

All You Amazing People!

I want to ask you something.

Over the years I've been asked to give personal art lessons. Instead I've been going to schools, doing workshops, and using my art as both a teaching tool and as a way to promote cooperation in communities. For me art has not just been about painting a picture, but something I feel is far more important.

Art has been my path to reach a deeper understanding of what it takes to be successful both professionally and personally.

I've had my highs and lows and learned A LOT along the way and nothing gets me more excited and to feel more in purpose with my life than to share these things.

My question is simple:

Would this be something you'd be interested in hearing about? Would it be of value if I were to put together the most important things I've learned about art and provide them to you?

I'm talking about people with no skills who are just starting out.

I'm also talking about artists who are further along and want to learn the final keys that I believe would work for anyone to take their work to the next level.

And even more important I'm talking about learning powerful ways of thinking about life and creativity that let you leave your troubles behind and open up to all the wayyy more awesome things in store for you!

Basically, I'm talking about a few simple steps that will improve your art, your career and your life.

I have decades of experience and feel like I really want to share it on a larger stage than I have been.

So what would you like to learn? What would be the biggest questions you have and the most important things you've always wanted to get a handle on or get better at? Please leave a comment below to let me know. I want to create something special that will really help people.

Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Aaron

.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi aaron,

that sounds really great.
i would love to get lessons and get something which helps to improve the creative and (because it belongs to the first) the spitual part of my life...

have a sunny and peaceful day

kassandra

Aaron Paquette said...

Thanks, Kassandra!

And you too. Thanks so much for the comment. I know there are a lot of lurkers out there, so don't be afraid to let your voice be heard.

:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Aaron,

I think that if you put together what you've learned through your art and creativity, that this would be very inspiring!
I would want to hear if you've ever hit a slump? For sometimes I find myself disconnected from my ideas and my creativity, and I have no idea on how to get out of it. As an artist, I want to express where I am, but I get bogged down in my old habits and nothing new ever comes out of it.
But again, definitely, I would love to hear what you have to say!

All my best,
Stacey

Michael said...

Hi, Aaron

I think that would be AWESOME! you have an amazing ability to communicate what is around you and you really put yourself into your art. I find it hard sometimes to communicate the emotions i feel or want to show in my art, and i feel a great artist like you could really help me portray my feelings or achieve my goals as an artist.

Thanks,

Michael

Aaron Paquette said...

These are fantastic comments, and really appreciated.

Stacey, this is basically the number one issue I've been hearing about.

Michael, that's the Holy Grail, isn't it? Showing through your work the depth of emotion you feel. I have a few ideas on the subject and I'll work them in.

Anonymous said...

Hi Aaron

I'm really happy you are thinking of embarking on a new journey to help people! This is my first visit to your blog but your podcasts are what I frequently listen to when i need encouragement, inspiration or just listening to a wise friend's calming words. Thank you v much, please keep doing this!

To add to your 'fans' wish list':
- how to discover your true calling in life?
- how to free oneself from fear of failure, self doubts?
- I am a headstrong person and i persevere in adversity. But over the past year I feel I've slowly backed myself into a corner and I feel perseverance is not getting me anywhere, and slowly my joy and creativity has dried up. Even when I receive compliments or recognition for my work, I don't feel any joy. Sort of like the sun is shining on you but you don't feel any warmth. I guess my question is: when does one call it quit? And how does one walk away from a big project/job that one has invested much into, without feeling like a failure? What's your advice re 'exit strategy'?

These are difficult questions, but such is life sometimes!

Thank you once again, have a great day!

Iris

Maya said...

I just found your blog (as I am tired of FB). I would like to find out how to develop the gift for art skills in my 10 yr old daughter. She has Cystic Fibrosis and needs a lot of care and breathing treatments and thus she spend a lot of time doing some form of art. She can draw things that I could never consider doing myself- and I loved art especially when I was younger. I want to help her make it one of her strong points in her life, especially since she has been so sick, actually she is in the hospital now with lung problems.
Thanks for your time,
Maya